Financial Modelling in Excel (Online)
Can't make it to a workshop? Enrol in the online version of the Financial Modelling course, and start straight away! Complete the course at your own pace.
This course is part of the Financial Modelling Online Series:
- Financial Modelling for Non Financial Modellers (Financial Modeling for Dummies)
- Financial Modelling in Excel (Intermediate)
- Advanced Financial Modelling in Excel
Buy all three courses at once and save, PLUS you'll get a hard copy of Using Excel for Business Analysis included as well as Financial Modeling in Excel for Dummies! Or, get the online Intro course included if you sign up for the Financial Modelling Workshop bundle.
During the course, participants will create their own financial model to take away and use for future reference. You will learn how to design and create a user-friendly model which can then be used by anyone with limited knowledge of Excel.
You will learn how to:
- Build a financial model from scratch, or modify and improve an inherited model
- Reduce errors by building in error checks
- Prevent incorrect use of your model by protecting worksheets
- Validate data entry by setting data entry parameters
- Create a navigation page to help users find their way around your model
- Create drop-down boxes which enable a model to produce a series of results depending on scenario variable selected
- Mitigate liability by providing assumptions
- Present findings in a concise and meaningful way
Students are expected to be reasonably regular Excel users, and should be comfortable with simple formulas and linking between workbooks.
More detail about how the online courses work
How do I purchase?
Scroll to the bottom of this page, tick the box and add it to your cart. Once you've gone through the shopping cart, you will gain access to the course. You'll need to be logged in in order to view the content.
What does the course content look like?
If you'd like to see a 5 minute preview of one of the videos, take a look at the Skills Needed for Financial Modelling section. Each of the six modules in this course contains downloadable PDF course notes of between 15 and 30 pages long which contain extracts from Using Excel for Business Analysis, and step by step instructions.
For a shorter overview, watch here for a 70 second preview to give you an idea of the quality of the videos:
Modules in this Course
Support Centre - 16 Weeks Access
Your Plum Solutions online training course includes access to the Financial Modelling Support Centre as part of your subscription.
2.1 About Financial Modelling
- Introduction to Financial Modelling course (Intermediate)
- Anatomy of a Financial Model
- Excel Versions
- What's New in Excel 2016 *New*
- Best Practice in FM
- Overview of Scenario Analysis Methods
2.2 Excel Tools
- Mixed Referencing and Named Ranges
- Conditional Formatting
- External File Links
- Protecting, Hiding & Grouping
2.3 Essential Formulas
- Aggregation Functions
- LOOKUP Fundamentals
- Practical Capital Budgeting with LOOKUP functions
- Using FORECAST / TREND functions
- Formula Selection
2.4 Financial Modelling Techniques
- Skills Needed for Financial Modelling
- What Makes a Good Financial Model?
- Building Error Checks
- What-if Analysis with Goal Seek
- Calculating the WACC
- Calculating NPV & IRR
2.5 Building a Business Case
- Business Case - Calculating Staff Costs
- Business Case - Adding Compounding Inflation
- Business Case - Forecasting Customer Numbers
- Business Case - Forecasting Customer Revenue
- Business Case - Modelling Market Penetration
- Business Case - Project Evaluation (NPV & IRR)
- Business Case - Project Evaluation (Payback Period)
2.6 Analysing and Presenting your Model
- Assumptions Documentation Methods
- Business Case - Scenario Analysis
- Charting on two axes and Chart Types
- Business Case - Dynamic Charting
- Presentation of Model Output
Price: $220.00 ex GST