Plum Solutions training courses in financial modelling, budgeting and analysis are aimed at business professionals seeking to improve their analytical skill set using Microsoft Excel. Several courses are run regularly in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, using the latest technology and top class venues in the CBD.
Covering theory and practice, an expert financial modeller will show you how to build your own best practice financial models, budgets, forecasts and analytical reports. You will learn to collect, analyse and disseminate data using the most efficient and accurate Excel modelling techniques.
- Budgeting and Forecasting in Excel (1 day, Intermediate) - a practical course which covers using budgets to measure staff performance, linking budgets to the strategic planning process and a comparison of budgeting techniques. We explore the difference between budgets and forecasts, and you will learn how to create your own budget, rolling forecast, variance report and budget scenarios in Excel. More information
- Data Analysis and Reporting (1 day, Intermediate) - Discover how to "tame" your data and make it work for you! Learn how to synthesise information into a logical framework, summarise it into a meaningful format, and then display the summary into easy-to-read tables and graphs. Covering dashboard reporting, balanced scorecards, visual design of charts and tables, we will also discuss the new charting and analysis features of Excel 2007. More information
- The Power of PowerPivot (2 day, Intermediate) - Assuming no prior knowledge of PowerPivot, you will learn how to convert mountains of data into key business information, exploiting many of PowerPivot’s powerful tools and functionalities from a standing start. More information
Financial Modelling Series
- Introduction to Financial Modelling (1 day, Basic) - for those new to Financial Modelling, this course will introduce the fundamentals and concepts of building a financial model using Excel. This is a practical course in which you will develop the skills to build your own financial model which can be taken away for future reference. More information This course is now available online!
- Financial Modelling in Excel (1 day, Intermediate) - a hands-on course designed for business professionals who need to explore the practical usage of advanced Excel functions in a financial model. By creating your own user-friendly financial model, you will learn to translate business concepts into a structured format to identify weaknesses and predict future performance. More information This course is available as public workshop, and also now available online!
- Advanced Financial Modelling in Excel (1 day, Advanced) - Build on your existing modelling skills and apply new techniques to better analyse financial data, predict revenues and cost and assess risks to justify business decisions in the most time-efficient and effective way. More information
- Valuation Modelling This workshop will highlight and examine the theoretical issues that surface regularly in the realm of corporate finance and will challenge some of the inappropriate practices currently being adopted in the real world. More information
- Mergers & Acquisitions This course considers the various practical implications associated with investing and divesting in companies for commercial gain or to enhance efficiencies. More information
Essential Excel Series
Essential Excel for Finance (1 day, Intermediate) - Specifically designed for business professionals who need to take their Excel skills to the next level, this intensive full day course focusses on the technical Excel skills required in everyday Excel modelling. This very practical course covers everything you need to perform your job and nothing you don’t! More information
Essential Excel for Business Administration (1 day, Basic / Intermediate) - Specifically designed for administration professionals who need to take their Excel skills to the next level, this intensive full day course focusses on the technical Excel skills required in everyday Administration roles. This very practical course covers everything you need to perform your job and nothing you don’t! More information
- Essential Excel Upgrade to 2007/10 (short, optional pre-course) - Use this training opportunity to upgrade to the new version of Excel as well as learn new skills. Add this optional pre-course to the beginning of any other in-house course. More information
Finance Training Series
- Analysing and Interpreting Financial Statements (1day) Get inside the financial statements and develop a deeper understanding of how and when to use ratios and metrics in the management of your organisation. Discover proven analytical tools and techniques to develop a keen understanding of an organisation’s health and its operating strengths and weaknesses. More information
- Implementing Cost Reduction Strategies for Managers (1 day) Learn new ways to strategically and thoughtfully reduce and control costs. The program demonstrates practical ways in which cost reduction is achieved, whilst maintaining the economic value and sustainability of the business. More information
- Corporate Credit Risk Analysis (2 days) Understand how to develop a comprehensive view of a company’s market position, finances and operational leverage, and learn to recognise signs of potential failure and take appropriate risk management strategies by learning how to employ a combination of qualitative and quantitative techniques. More information
Got several participants and want to run one of these courses in-house?
Try our in-house training!