Can’t make it to a workshop? Enrol in the online version of this introductory course with the author of “Financial Modeling in Excel for Dummies”, and start straight away! Complete the course at your own pace.
This course is part of the Financial Modelling Online Series:
- Financial Modelling for Non Financial Modellers
- Financial Modelling in Excel (Intermediate)
- Advanced Financial Modelling in Excel
Buy all three courses at once and save, PLUS you’ll get a copy of Using Excel for Business Analysis included as well as Financial Modeling in Excel for Dummies! Or, get this online course included if you sign up for the Financial Modelling Workshop bundle.
This course introduces the fundamentals and introductory concepts of building a financial model using Excel. During this practical course in which you will develop the skills to build your own financial model which can be taken away for future reference. You will learn first principles of modelling techniques, best practice and how to design and create a user-friendly model.
Who should complete this course? Those who:
- Are new to Financial Modelling and its concepts, and;
- Have a basic knowledge of Excel
It is assumed that you have either undertaken a basic Excel Introduction course, or else are able to:
- Navigate in Excel
- Use absolute cell references (this is covered in the course in case you are a bit rusty!)
- Create and use simple formulas
It is also assumed that you have had some exposure to financial concepts, but limited experience in Financial Modelling.
What does the course content look like?
Modules in this Course
Financial Modeling in Excel for Dummies
Your online course includes a copy of this book.
1.1 Financial Modelling Introduction
- What is Financial Modelling?
- Model Design
- Excel Versions 2013
- What’s New in Excel 2016 *New*
- Overview of Scenario Analysis Methods
- Common Excel Error Values
1.2 Fundamental Excel Tools
- Linking for Best Practice
- Absolute, Relative and Mixed Cell Referencing
- Calculating Project Costs
- Logical Nested Functions
- Assumptions Documentation Methods
1.3 Building a Financial Model
- Model Build – Inputs & Assumptions
- Model Build – Revenue
- Model Build – Expenses
- Model Build – Profit & Loss
- Model Build – Cashflow
1.4 Model Analysis Tools
- Bullet-Proofing your Model
- Data Validations & Drop-downs
- Conditional Formatting
- Model Build – Charting Cash vs Profit
- Model Build – Modelling Scenarios
Price: $220.00 ex GST