About the Financial Modelling Support Clinic
The financial modelling support clinic is available exclusively for Plum Alumni; current and past students of our online courses and workshop training programmes. If you are not sure if you’re eligible, you can apply here.
Struggling with your financial model? Stuck on a formula or need help designing a model? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. An expert Financial Modeller will be able to help you via chat, over the phone or by email – whatever suits you best.
The Financial Modelling Support Centre provides a responsive, personal service providing expert assistance or advice on:
- Excel formula design and selection
- Formula troubleshooting
- Advice on model layout and design
- Assessment of model against best practice
- Compatibility and upgrading to the latest version of Excel
Ways to contact us:
- The best way to get support is to attend an online live support clinic session. If you are a Plum Alumni, you will receive an email each time one is scheduled. If you have not received an invitation, please apply to join the next clinic here.
- Send through any questions via email to info[at]plumsolutions.com.au
- Live Chat Leave a message with the live chat agent. If it’s sleeping time in Australia, we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!
- Phone Available between 8am and 6pm Mon – Fri AEST (Sydney time) Call +612 9818 7250
What kind of things can the Financial Modelling Support Centre help me with?
|Excel formula design and selection||Which formula should I use? Can Excel do that? Chances are, it can. If not, we’ll provide suggestions on how to get around your particular problem.|
|Formula troubleshooting||Why won’t my formula give me the right answer? Why am I getting an error? We’ll have a look and get you up and running again.|
|Advice on model layout and design||We’ll take a look at your model and give you feedback on the design, and suggest possible improvements|
|Compatibility and upgrading to the latest version of Excel||Should I upgrade? What formulas or tools have I used that people with previous versions won’t be able to access?|
|Model assessment||Email a copy of your model and we’ll use the Model Assessment Tool to rate your model, provide feedback and suggestions for improvement.|
Financial Modelling Support Centre Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Should I chat, call or email?
Choose your preferred method of contact. If it’s just a quick formula fix, Live Chat might be appropriate. If you want a model reviewed, you will need to email it. Otherwise, feel free to phone. Bear in mind that we’re in Sydney so please try to call during business hours, but if you miss us, leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as we wake up!
What response time can I expect?
We always endeavour to respond to calls and emails within a day, (and it is often sooner) although this may stretch to 24 hours if a modeller is unavailable due to training or travel.
As an attendee of a Plum Solutions public training workshop, how much Financial Modelling Support do I get?
You will get four weeks unlimited support on questions directly relating to the course you completed. Your subscription runs from four weeks from the date of your training course.
Can you build the model for me?
No. A modeller will give you guidance on your model or formulas. If you want us to actually build it for you, please contact us for a quote on consultancy services.
What are your Terms and Conditions?
Use of the Financial Modelling Support Centre is subject to the terms and conditions listed below. You must agree to these terms and conditions prior to using the Financial Modelling Support Centre.
The most important thing to be aware is that when using our services it is important to be aware that you, the client will retain responsibility for the model output. We will provide advice and guidance on model design, structure and formulas, but validation of input data, calculations and interpretation of results is the responsibility of the client.
Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer and limitation of liability.
- The output from the Services is believed to be accurate and current. However, the Financial Modelling Support Centre does not give any representation or warranty as to the reliability or completeness of the output. Nor does the Financial Modelling Support Centre warrant that any of the functions contained in the output of the services will be error-free.
- The Financial Modelling Support Centre shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage, howsoever arising (whether in negligence or otherwise) out of or in connection with the provision of the Services except where liability is made non-excludable by legislation.
- The user must indemnify and hold harmless the Financial Modelling Support Centre and keep it indemnified, against all loss, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses (including legal fees), claims and damages arising from:
- any breach by the user of the General Term and Conditions; or
- reliance by the user on any information arising from the use of spreadsheets provided as part of the Service
What about the confidentiality of the data in the models I might send you?
We understand that there may be some situations where you need to send us models containing confidential information so that we can help you with them. Your data will remain your data and will never be used for any other purpose other than to help you with your model.
Below is our confidentiality agreement. In effect, by signing up with the Financial Modelling Support Centre you have our assurance that your personal or company information contained in your models will remain your property, and will remain confidential. We understand, however, that some companies have very strict security procedures and they may require you to remove data before sending the files to use. That’s fine – we understand and won’t take it personally.
The Financial Modelling Support Centre acknowledges that during the provision of support it will have access to and become acquainted with various trade secrets, inventions, innovations, processes, information, records and specifications owned or licensed by the User and/or used by the User in connection with the operation of its business including, without limitation, the User’s business and product processes, methods, customer lists, accounts and procedures. The Financial Modelling Support centre agrees that it will not disclose any of the aforesaid, directly or indirectly, or use any of them in any manner, either during the term of this Agreement or at any time thereafter, except as required in the course of this support with the User, unless otherwise authorised by the User in writing. All files, records, documents, blueprints, specifications, information, letters, notes, media lists, original artwork/creative, notebooks, and similar items relating to the business of the User, whether prepared by the Financial Modelling Support Centre or otherwise coming into its possession, shall remain the exclusive property of the User. The Financial Modelling Support Centre further agrees that it shall at all times preserve the confidential nature of its relationship to the Client and of the services hereunder. The Financial Modelling Support Centre further acknowledges that the information provided to the Financial Modelling Support Centre by the User is the confidential information of the User and the Financial Modelling Support Centre further agrees not to disclose that information other than to authorised representatives of the Financial Modelling Support Centre and that the Financial Modelling Support Centre also agrees to be bound by the provisions of this clause and to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the User’s information Other staff engaged by the Financial Modelling Support Centre shall be bound by the foregoing duties with respect to User confidentiality.