I was pleased to be invited to speak again this year at the ModelOff Sydney Global Training Camp (GTC) held at the Microsoft Offices last week. It was, as always a great learning and networking event and I thoroughly enjoyed spending a solid two days surrounded by others who also get very excited about financial modelling!
As well as hosting the GTC, the team at ModelOff have done some great things over the past few years to advance the standing of financial modelling as a discipline in its own right. The ModelOff Financial Modelling World Championships are held every year and registrations are now open for the online Round 1 on 23rd September. If you fancy yourself a modelling whiz kid and want to gain some bragging rights at work, why not test your skills against the world’s best and see how they stack up? The results are not published and only the names of the finalists are made public so there’s no harm in giving it a go!
In addition to the championships, ModelOff has now partnered with The Marquee Group and formed the Financial Modeling Institute (FMI) to launch a new financial modelling certification. I’m proud to announce that Plum Solutions is one of the first approved training providers. The certification is at three levels and first exam will be held on 21st October, and again in May and we have launched providing a Level 1 FMI Advanced Financial Modeler Exam Preparation course available in Melbourne and Sydney. This course is available as public workshop or in-house at your organisation.
What does the FMI do?
- Advances the financial modelling profession by delivering and administering the Financial Modelling Certifications and supports high quality education and training for financial professionals
What is the Level I: Advanced Financial Modeler (AFM) exam?
- The Advanced Financial Modeler (AFM) is the first of three certification levels offered by the FMI
- This exam forms the foundation for subsequent certification levels and focuses on the skills required to design and build integrated financial models
Why earn the AFM certification?
- Skill Validation: Demonstrate advanced financial modelling proficiency to yourself and employers
- Personal Development: Invest in yourself by earning certifications that are challenging and revered by the industry
- Career Flexibility: Obtain a skillset that is globally relevant and respected across multiple lines of business
What is the exam format and how should I study?
- 4-hour exam held at global testing centres
- The next exam date is October 21, 2017
- All exams are in English
- You will be required to bring a valid piece of government-issued photo identification to the testing centre on exam day (e.g. passport or driver license)