If you are thinking about sitting for the next FMI Level 1 Financial Modelling certification exam, you may be wondering what to expect on the day, or how you can best get ready to give yourself the best possible chance of success. In this session we hear from FMI representative, Julian Cupillari and FMI Approved Training Provider, Danielle Stein Fairhurst to find out more about the exam. We will be sharing some tips and tricks to help you prepare and will also be joined by a panel of AFM modellers from around the world (Nicole Cambridge, Jamie Hughes, Adza Stella Vajime and Rafi Al Kabid) who were answering audience questions and sharing their strategies on how they passed and gained this rigorous qualification!
About the FMI Qualification
To gain the designation, candidates must sit a live closed book virtual exam. On the day, a case study is provided with several years of historical financial statements . During the four-hour period, candidates are required to build a fully linked three-way integrated financial model in Excel forecasting over the next five years, comprising of P&L (Income Statement), cashflow, balance sheet, debt, depreciation and working capital schedules and scenario analysis.
If you’re planning to sit the exam and need a bit of extra help with your preparation, the Plum AFM Level 1 Exam Prep course now includes the live mock exam sitting (including personalised feedback) as well as a case study mock exam that you can access straight away. These are completely fresh case studies that you can’t get anywhere else!
What’s included in the Exam Prep?
Sign up to start straight away and gain access to:
- 7+ hours of on-demand instructional video dedicated to FMI Level 1 exam prep (includes subtitles in English, French and Korean)
- Excel exercise template and solutions downloads
- Quiz questions to test your understanding
- 40% discount on FMI exam registration (save up to A$300)
- Mock exam case study and solution models
- Live mock exam virtual sitting two weeks prior to final exam with individualised feedback
- 12 months access to the support centre (worth A$970)
- Group “pep talk” zoom calls plus weekly one-on-one clinic sessions in the weeks leading up the exam
The AFM is a qualification in its own right, but if you want to take it to the next level once you’ve got your AFM, you can progress to Chartered Financial Modeler (CFM). Catch the recording of the meetup we held on CFM recently.
Note that the study notes are not an official FMI document, and have just been provided as an example of the notes you might put together for yourself when preparing for the exam!