If you have obtained your Level 1 AFM qualification from the Financial Modeling Institute (FMI) and are thinking about taking the next step, watch to find out more about Level 2. The next FMI Level 2 Financial Modelling certification exam is coming up on 24th April, and again in October 2020, and you may be wondering what to expect on the day, or how you can best get ready to give yourself the best possible chance of success.
Hear from FMI Approved Training Provider, Danielle Stein Fairhurst from Plum Solutions and Andrew Grigolyunovich from the Financial Modeling World Cup (FMWC), who is also one of the FMI examiners to find out more about the exam. We shared some tips and tricks to help you prepare and talked about what the examiner is looking for. We were also joined by a panel of CFM qualified professionals from around the world who helped to answer audience questions and shared their strategies on how they passed and gained this rigorous qualification.
About the FMI Qualification:
To gain the CFM designation, candidates must sit a live closed book virtual exam. On the day, case studies several case studies are provided and during the four-hour period, candidates are required to select from the case studies provided.
As outlined in the study guide, the best way to prepare for the exam is;
- Work through the publicly available case studies provided by FMI
- Work through the case studies provided by FMI when you register
- Register for the FMWC and work through the additional case studies found there
- Once you’ve prepared, the best way to know if you’re really ready is to sit the Level 2 Mock Exam coming up on 10th April. This exam contains completely fresh case studies that you can’t get anywhere else!
What’s included in the Mock Exam?
This exam is prepared and marked by the FMWC team (who also prepare and grade the FMI exams) and proctored by the Plum Solutions team (who also proctor the FMI virtual exams) so your virtual experience will be be as close to the real thing as possible. Here’s what you get:
- Live mock exam virtual sitting two weeks prior to exam day with individualised feedback
- Mock exam case study and solution models
- Discount on FMI exam registration (save up to A$280)
- Weekly one-on-one clinic sessions in the weeks leading up the exam
Note that you’re only eligible to sit for the Level 2 exam once you have passed Level 1 and you can catch the recording of the meetup we held about that recently
► Find out more about the exam and register for it directly with the Institute here:
► Prepare for Level 2 by competing in the FMWC
► Register for the Plum online Level 2 mock exam here
► Register for more virtual modellers’ meetups